Payroll & Tax Administrator
Job Code : HGS/1084Work@Home
Provide payroll & tax support for all levels of the organization. Ensure all documentation is entered, maintained and accurate. Additionally, this position would assist with other HR functions, such as payroll support, and other HR projects.Apply For This Job Back
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with new tax account registrations, including tracking and monitoring account information
- Assist with researching tax account notices, ensure issues reported to the appropriate group(s)
- Assist with the research and set up of new site acquisition state and local tax jurisdictions
- Support the intake, assigning, research, and resolution of general payroll and tax withholding inquiries, including the monitoring of central email boxes and case management queues
- Assist with researching employee tax information, address and location data, state and local website information, multistate and local tax withholding requirements, and validate taxation needs
- Process employee payroll tax adjustments in Payroll system as needed
- Assist with Quarterly and Annual/W2 tax reconciliations and Audits
- Provide quality customer service and support for tax and other general payroll processing questions and information
- Own and manage recurring payroll processes of low to moderate complexity and/or risk
- Process and audit employee garnishments
- Contribute positively to building and fostering an enjoyable, professional team environment
- Maintain confidentiality of any payroll, private employee information, and any proprietary information and ensure payroll information is secure
- Develop procedures, documentation, and efficiencies through best practices
- Manage escalated issues and provide solutions
- Provide internal support for compliance
- Works well under the pressure of tight payroll deadline
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned. In addition to the above, all HGS employees are expected to: * Promote teamwork and cooperative effort. * Help train and give guidance to other HGS employees. * Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area, and practice good safety habits. * Provide internal and external customers with the highest quality service.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Experience, Skills)
? High school degree required; Associates degree or some college preferred.
? Minimum of 2 -4 years experience in the HR field, to include previous experience with automated payroll and HRIS systems.
? Demonstrated intermediate to advanced knowledge in the following computer applications: Word, Excel, and Power Point.
? Strong analytical, problem solving skills including competency with mathematics and logic.
? Knowledge of benefit laws and regulations preferred
? Demonstrate high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
? Decision making ability to select appropriate precedent rules, or procedures from a number of alternatives.
? Organized, flexible, detail-oriented, performs tasks simultaneously, and ability to prioritize.